Tuesday 14 July 2009

Philadelphia: Fairmount Park (10/07/09)

Today I decided to be a bit of a tourist and visit Fairmount Park. It is BEAUTIFUL and HUGE! It's a bit like Burgess Park where it doesn't all connect; there are parts of it here and parts of it there - but in comparison (in terms of beauty and size) Burgess Park is a McDonald's 99p cheeseburger and Fairmount is filet mignon from Gaucho's. If you don't believe me have a look for yourself:
You can drive, cycle, rollerblade, walk or even ride one of these babies:(*web photo)
I chose to walk.

I visited the Rocky Statue by the side of the Philadelhia Museum of Art:

And the Rocky steps:
No I didn't do the Rocky sprint (are you crazy!), but I did walk up and took a photo of the view from the top:


The 'Meher' Statue really caught my eye. It was erected in 1976, to commemorate the 61st anniversary of the Martyrdom of the Armenian nation:
The sculpture is by Kohren Der Harootian.

Took a walk around as much as I could in the heat. I even caught a man trying to fish in the river (don't think he caught anything):

I took a shine to this spot and decided to sit and read for a bit:

*the bottle in the corner did not belong to me

1 comment:

  1. You're right that basement looks cre-ee-py! Great place to write a short story if you ask me...will she accept the writers challenge? lol i'm just kidding DON'T DO IT!

    ReplyDelete